[Samba] Problem with printer drivers downloading

Karl Banasky kbanasky at heatcon.com
Wed May 2 00:09:03 GMT 2007

Hello everyone.

I am having a problem with my printer drivers getting loaded by users.
I setup as domain admin user and am the only one who can add a printer
and have it autoload the drivers.  i have everything setup the way
multipule website say to set it up.  I have a user of the Domain Users
group who has *SePrintOperatorPrivilege* for thier user name.
When they double click the printer to connect/ install it, I get a
message that the drivers cannot be found.  looking in the logs I see a
permissions error but I cannot for the life of me see why I get that.
I am setup as a PDC.

[printers]
        comment = SMB Print Spool
        path = /var/spool/samba