[Samba] Samba 3.x and PCNetLink domain trusts]]

Damian Lock (SSCI) Damian.Lock at ssci.com
Wed May 2 20:05:59 GMT 2007

I found part of the prob may have been that I didn't join the samba PDC
to its own domain.

# net join samba -U root
Joined domain SAMBA

Now, commands like "wbinfo -t" and "wbinfo -m" indicate that the domains
are trusted.  Also, I can run "net rpc samdump" to dump the NT4 domain
info (but not the PCNL domain.)

If I try to log in to the NT4 server as a Samba user (who has been added
to the local users group) I get an error "C000019B" -  which is seems to
be a Samba error (not a microsoft error)  suggesting a SID (and possibly
winbindd?) error.