[Samba] SAMBA and ACLs on FreeBSD 6.1

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Wed Mar 28 23:19:45 GMT 2007

I have winbind working and it is providing security for my shares.  Now, I
would like to implement ACLs so I can help my backup users manage
everything through MMC.

Following is a copy of my smb.conf file.

[global]
        workgroup = XX
        winbind separator = +
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        security = domain
        password server = 10.129.10.YY
        client schannel = no
        wins server = 10.129.10.YY
        log level = 5
#       log file = /var/log/samba.%m
        name resolve order = wins hosts
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        realm = XX

[Jay.Hall]
        comment = Jay Hall's Home Directory
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes
        valid users = XX+jay.hall
        force user = hallja
        directory mode = 0770
        path = /home/hallja
        admin users = Jay.Hall

Using wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g I am able to pull user and group information
from the Domain Controller.  When I use MMC to connect to the share
defined above, the only search location listed is the IP address of the
server.  I believe that should be the name/IP address of the domain
controller.  This leads me to believe I have something wrong in my
smb.conf file.

Thanks,

Jay