[Samba] Limit AD for Winbind

Tue Mar 20 15:34:34 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 04:25:30PM +0100, Daniel Frey wrote:
> I've about 100,000+ users.
>
> Sometimes everything works perfect, wbinfo -u and wbinfo
> -g parse the correct users/groups but when I restart Samba
> + Winbind it does not work anymore.

Sorry, but with 100.000+ users I would not expect wbinfo -u/g
to work at all. It will run into all sorts of timeouts.

The only thing you should expect to work in this kind of
environment is to log on as some user and have all group
information for the logged on user correct. Enumerating is
just not expected to work correctly here :-)

Volker