[Samba] Office products Locking issues

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Tue Mar 20 15:18:08 GMT 2007

Mark Adams ha scritto:
> I will also be trying the reset on zero vc option, in the hope it will
> help with my strange issues.
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 08:32:48AM +0100, Marcello Romani wrote:
>> I've been thinking about implementing an imap server for some time
>> now... I hope I'll have time to get rid of "personal stored" e-mail as
>> soon as possibile...
>>

> I would do extensive testing with IMAP and outlook before you put this
> in to place, as Outlook support for IMAP is terrible, especially if you
> want to have any remote users. If you are using any other mail
> client you will be ok.
>
> That is for a different mailing list though!
>
> Cheers
> Mark

Thanks for your suggestion. Some of us are using Thunderbird, but the
majority uses Outlook 2000. Thundrebird is unfortunately lacking some
features of Outlook that would make some of the employees unhappy so the
switch would not be without problems, but that's another story, and I
think I'd better quit as we're already way too off-topic :-)

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT