[Samba] Idmap_rid differs on FreeBSD and SLES!

Anders Trobäck public at troback.com
Fri Mar 16 14:25:19 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to setup some servers with Samba and Winbind. One of the
servers are both a Samba server and a NFS server so I want to have the
same ID:s on the files that I export with NFS. All users are all in one
AD domain.

The problem is that the Samba/NFS server are running SLES 10 and the
others are running FreeBSD 6.2 and they get different UID:s and GID:s.

All the FreeBSD servers are getting the same ID:s but the SLES are
getting it's own.

I'm using:
idmap backend = idmap_rid:DOM1=10000-20000
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000

That setting are the same on all servers!

Any clues out there?

Thanks for your time!

\\troback

Microsoft is not the answer.