[Samba] Re: roaming profile not uploaded correctly when logging outfor the first time

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Thu Mar 15 18:55:23 GMT 2007

Do all of the files you have problems with have strange characters in them?  I had
this problem back when I upgraded a samba server and I think it had to do with the
new server's i18n character support or something like that.  In particular, the
character for the 1/2 symbol was a problem.

I still see this occasionally on other files (without strange characters in them) and
I usually just erase the offending file from the user's local profile and then the
next time I log out, the profile uploads to the server correctly.  For some reason
the problem seems to occur with 0 length files more often than others.

Mark