[Samba] machine account want use algorithm than sambanextrid

Peter Eser Peter.Eser at heuft.com
Wed Jun 27 13:24:32 GMT 2007

Ah, ok.
Now the whole story is that we store all our user information in a database
and mirror the informations on the fly to the ldap tree, also things in
sambaSamAccount.
So if a user gets created, also sambaSamAccount becomes created and filled
directly, idmap becomes also filled...

I now tested to change the machine account sid afterwards. Thought that
after modifying the sid the client computer cannot log in anymore, but it
works.
So if nobody vetos I will go this way :)

Many Thanks