[Samba] KDC Lookup errors only on ads joins.

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 14:09:33 GMT 2007

I have a RedHat Enterprise 4 server with samba 3.0.25a rpms installed
(downloaded from mirror mentioned on samba.org site). I have configured
krb5.conf & smb.conf.  I can perform a kinit User at REALM.COM & net ads
status -UUser at REALM.COM perfectly fine. But when attempting to net ads
join -UUser at REALM.COM, I get an, "error on ads_startup: Cannot resolve
network address for KDC in requested realm", error.  If there is a KDC lookup
problem, should it not occur globally ?