[Samba] COMPUTERNAME/Guest in login

Rubin Bennett rbennett at thatitguy.com
Wed Jun 13 15:32:54 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 22:23 +0700, Joakim Lagerqvist wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 11:12 -0400, Rubin Bennett wrote:
> > That sounds a lot like a DNS issue to me... are you running your own
> > DNS server there, or are all the clients looking at the same DNS info?
>
> They should be running the same DNS but it is at our ISP. Should I set
> up a small DNS proxy with information about the samba server?

I would; in particular make sure that the reverse records work properly
(i.e. the server looking up the hostnames of the clients by IP).

Rubin

> best regards,
> Joakim

Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies
http://thatitguy.com
rbennett at thatitguy.com
(802)223-4448
security deserve neither liberty nor safety"   --Benjamin Franklin,
Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759