[Samba] printjob username artifact moving to 3.0.25a

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Mon Jun 4 19:26:36 GMT 2007

In an environment with an NT PDC, Samba as a member server running winbindd
and using cups-pdf as a virtual pdf printer and saving the print jobs in a
folder of pdf/<username>, which gets created automatically on first print to
the virtual printer. With Samba 3.0.24 the <username> was in proper case (I'm
guessing that that is how the users are logging in) as in pdf/Username,
however with the default "printjob username = %U" using 3.0.25a the directory
that gets created when the user prints a pdf is a lowercase <username> as in
pdf/username. It's not a problem now as I adjusted the case on the
directories but at first there was the old pdf/Username folder, then when the
client printed a pdf under 3.0.25a a pdf/username folder was created causing
the problem that the Windows clients could not see the contents of
pdf/username as Windows is only case preserving but not case sensitive.

Chris