[Samba] OES Samba question

Jordan Nielsen jordan.nielsen at hsc.utah.edu
Sat Jun 2 00:15:30 GMT 2007

We are currently running Open Enterprise Server from Novell and have been
migrating to Samba. We have ran into an issue where occasionally a user will
click on a directory and it will just sit there forever with an hour glass
or flashlight. If you go to the same directory through a command prompt and
do a dir on the directory it goes into a continuous loop and reads the
contents of the directory over and over again.

We are running samba-3.0.20b-3.14 and I was curious if anyone else had seen
this problem.

Thanks,

Jordan