[Samba] What makes excel file opening so slow??

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:54:18 GMT 2007

Can you set Excel to use the local drive for the temporary files?  By
default, MS Office creates temporary files in the same directory as
the original file.   In the past, troubleshooting a LAN related issue,
it seemed that when saving a file, excel would rewrite the entire file
to a new file then delete the old file, while Word would just update
the same file.  My guess is that Excel also creates much bigger
temporary files.