[Samba] Help with ldap configuration please

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:52:29 GMT 2007

> This is on RHE4, I am getting an invalid DN error. Is there a good resource
> site for this type of configuration issue? There is a lot of info that comes
> up through google but I am having no luck finding anything relevant (or that
> seems relevant to me). Thank you in advance and sorry about the newbie
> question.

You need an understanding of LDAP to setup and successfully deal with
LDAP issues when using Samba+LDAP.  That is provided by LDAP
documentation.  There is no way around reading the documentation.

> add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn=
> sambaDomainName=HFC,dc=hfc,dc=com with: Invalid DN syntax
>     invalid DN
> smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for HFC failed with
> NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
> pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
> domain

Can you add an object like this manually?  Is the Samba process binding
with an DN with sufficient privileges?  Is the Samba schema successfully
loaded?  Does a database with the suffix of dc=hfc,dc=com exist?

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com