[Samba] Pfr tmp files, FreeBSD and Linux

feelgravityspull at gmail.com feelgravityspull at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:26:52 GMT 2007

I currently have 2 samba servers (3.0.25a) one running FreeBSD 6.2 and the
other running CentOS 5. Both are setup the same and using the same smb.conf.
The FreeBSD server works great, no problems. The linux server works great
too except on logout. When a user goes to logout, windows errors with
"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file prf*.tmp. The data has
been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware
or network connection". The odd part is that about 90% of the profile is
written to the users home directory but it becomes corrupt with it not being
usable again. Again, if the profile points to the FreeBSD server, we have no
problems at all. Both servers are mounting home directories via nfs.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Athough FreeBSD and Linux are
different, is there really that big of a difference that would cause the
above problem? Or am I missing something simple?