[Samba] Samba and the partitions...

William Colls william at procomsys.com
Wed Jul 11 17:58:07 GMT 2007

My understanding of the conventional wisdom is that the firewall machine
should ONLY run your firewall, and related security tools. Having samba
on that machine seems to me to highly risky. If you fire wall is
breached in any way, you have pretty much presented your intruder with
everything he wants to know about your system.

just my $.02 Cdn.