[Samba] Response too big for UDP, retry with TCP

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Tue Jul 10 08:22:17 GMT 2007

Hello!

You could either use an administrative account which is not a member of
so many groups (causing the "packet too big" error), or use a more
recent version of samba.
In any version <= 3.0.22 the tcp fallback is not implemented during the
kpasswd request. The krb5.conf kdc line is not taken into account at
this place.

Greets,

Martin

Nejc Škoberne schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to join a Samba 3.0.24 server into an ADS domain, which is
> served by two Windows 2003 servers (let's say srv1.domain.local
> (192.168.1.1)
> and srv2.domain.local (192.168.1.4)). I am running Samba on a FreeBSD 6.2
> machine and I have established an OpenVPN connection to the ADS network
> (tunneling). I have this in my resolv.conf:
[...]

> However, when I try to "kinit", I get this:
>
> root at Bonaparte:~# kinit Administrator at DOMAIN.LOCAL
> Administrator at DOMAIN.LOCAL's Password:
> kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Response too big for UDP, retry with TCP

[...]

Martin Zielinski             mz at seh.de
Software Development
SEH Computertechnik GmbH     www.seh.de