[Samba] invalid user nobody

Dominic Iadicicco diadicic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:04:23 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I am doing some work for a public library that is still running Samba
2.2.7aif you can believe it.  When checking the log files I see this
error.  I
believe it is generated when the domain administrator is loging off.  The
workstation seems to be working fine, I would just like to know why I am
getting this error.  If anyone could please point me in the right direction
or a least give me some idea's on how to start trouble shooting, I would
really appreciate it.

Error log

smbd/password.c:authorise_login(863)
  authorise_login: rejected invalid user nobody

If you need more info please let me know.

Thank you all.

Dominic Iadicicco