[Samba] Mode 0x1b4 errors in logs, unable to save Word documents

Rune Tønnesen rune at tonnesen.org
Wed Jan 24 15:26:57 GMT 2007

Hi Adam

A possible solution is to use max disk size, but to be honest it is long
shoot.

      max disk size

This global option specifies an illusory limit, in megabytes, for each
share that Samba is offering. It only affects how much disk space Samba
reports the share as having and does not prevent more disk space from
actually being available for use. You would typically set this option to
prevent clients with older operating systems—or running buggy
applications—from being confused by large disk spaces. For example, some
older Windows applications become confused when they encounter a share
larger than 1 gigabyte. To work around this problem, max disk size can
be set as follows:

    [global]
        max disk size = 1000

It seems that there is some problem related to acl, what kind of
filesystem do you use?
Is your samba version compiled with acl support?
You might have to take a look at smb.conf about acl. e.g. try to disable
acl for the a directory and see what happens

Best Regards
Rune Tønnesen