[Samba] Workstaion trust account

Cardon Denis denis.cardon at tranquilitsystems.com
Tue Jan 23 17:50:32 GMT 2007

Hi sermodi,
> I'm having a problem adding a W2K workstaion to the domain samba+ldap.
> I can
> add it by logging with the local administartor then add to domain, but I
> would like to do it without doing it manually on every workstation. Have
> hundrads of workstations, I tried to add them by using smbldap scripts
> and I
> get an entry for the workstation but it still don't work. Is it even
> possible to only add a trust account on the PDC or do I have to do it
> from
> the windows client?
adding a workstation throught the windows "join a domain" gui does some
configuration change on the host computer. Modifying is not enough, in
any case you'll have to do a few thing on the windows box. However there
a few command line tools available from MS for joining a domain, so you
can write a small script to add the boxes.

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon