[Samba] samba-3.0.21b-2 & win98

Stefan Kok stefan at opensolutions.co.za
Thu Jan 18 05:55:32 GMT 2007

Hi List

We have a samba 3.0.21b running.

When typing \\nlasrv in  win98 run. We get a response like this:

"The computer or sharename could not be found"

We have used lmhost files on the win98 machines with the correct
details.

Win XP can see the shares if you type \\nlasrv in run.
Also nlasrv is available in the browse list for win98 and xp machines.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Stefan.

Below please find our smb.conf file contents.

[global]
   workgroup = NLA
   server string = NLASRV
   netbios name = NLASRV