[Samba] Default Profile Problems

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Wed Jan 17 16:17:43 GMT 2007

I am trying to set up the Default Profile in XP for use with Samba. I am
following the instructions in Samba 3 by Example. I have my profdata
folder setup and shared, I have my NETLOGON/Default User folder created
and populated with the Default Profile I created from the Hive using
regedt32 in windows XP. I created a new user for Samba and attempted to
log on to the domain to test the default profile. I get a small pop-up
window in XP that says:

    USER ENVIRONMENT
    Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded.
    Check that you are connected to the network or that you network is
    functioning correctly. If this problem persists contact your network
    administrator

    Detail: Not enough storage is available to process this command

I have over 400 gig of space on the server and 80 gig on the client, I'm
sure space isn't an issue. Has anyone else had this problem?
--

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*