[Samba] Auto Create user home directory

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon Jan 15 20:46:00 GMT 2007

Dale Schroeder wrote:
> I see you have "template homedir = /home/%D/%U".  Did you create the
> directory /home/CAD?  It is not created automatically, and that is one
> thing that seems to be left out of the how-to's.  I set the directory
> permissions to 770, owned by root*:*"DOMAIN+Domain Users".  After
> doing this, all my user home directories were created on 1st login.
I think that should be reported as a bug. As "%D" is dynamic and may
change with time (as new domains are added to an existing site),
expecting it to be manually created beforehand is a bit odd. If "%U" can
be created on the fly - why not anything else?

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417