[Samba] problem share folder cannot delete, modify

Indracyd nusa_x at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 04:45:35 GMT 2007

--- Felipe Augusto van de Wiel
<felipe at paranacidade.org.br> wrote:

> On 01/09/2007 02:54 AM, Indracyd escreveu:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > i have installed samba on kernel 2.6.12-12
> @Mandriva
> > 2006.
> > i have a problem with folder share this is my
> script :
> >
> > [IT]
> >         delete readonly = yes
> >         writeable = yes
> >         path = /data/IT
> >         write list = @sit
> >         force directory mode = 777
> >         force create mode = 777
> >         comment = Information Technology
> >         valid users = @sit
> >         create mode = 777
> >         directory mode = 777
> >
> > when user jack create file on folder IT, user
> merlin
> > cannot modify that jack create file, only read.
> jack
> > and merlin is same group "sit", can you help me?
> >
> > i have add group si to owner the folder IT :
> >
> > drwxrwx---  3 root sit    4096 Jan  9 11:32 IT/
>
> 	If you use "force group"directive in the share,
> does
> it solve your problem?

now it's work i must set script the [data] like [IT]
[data]
   comment = DATA SMDM
   path = /data
   public = yes
   writeable = yes
   create mask = 0770
   force create mode = 0770
   directory mask = 2770
   force directory mode = 2770
   inherit permissions = yes

because the folder IT it's under the folder DATA,
until now i think everythink is work now. thank you

Cyd