[Samba] Winbindd has still bottlenecks when used with interdomain trusts.

Wed Feb 28 21:59:39 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:16:32PM +0100, Harald Strack wrote:
> The TCP connection between the central PDC and the department PDC
> (winbindd) seems to be still a bottleneck. Is this right? What can I do?
> Any help or comment on this issue is very very welcome!

Yes. The async stuff in Winbind is to enable parallel
operations to different trusted domains. Each domain is
serialized still.

> However I have this problem since a long time and I actually use a samba
> version where I patched out all SID/gid mappings via winbind. This bad
> hack speeds up everything so that up to about 40
> concurrent logins are possible but that's no long-term solution...

So the login as such (the SamLogon call verifying the user's
pw) is not your problem, it's the sid2gid calls that follow?

Hmm. Why does a trusting call the central DC for these? For
the SamLogon calls yes, but the sid2gid stuff? Or do you
mean sid2name? There's something I don't get here.

Volker