[Samba] logon message

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Wed Feb 28 00:52:10 GMT 2007

Hi Ben,

One way of doing it is to use a policy file - NTConfig.pol which is
loaded by each user when they login to the domain from your [netlogon]
share. The login banner is created with a standard option - check out
http://www.pcc-services.com/articles/implement_sys_policies.html for
details of creating your own policy.

-stephen

Ben Natala wrote:
> I am interested in creating a logon message to be delivered to users
> when they logon. Is this possible? And if so, how can this be done? With
> logon scripts? The majority of my clients are connecting from Windows XP
> Pro, SAMBA is running on Debian Etch.
>
> Thank You
> --To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the

Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd, Innovation in Business Center,
    GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland.      mailto:smulcahy at aplpi.com
   mobile:+353.87.2930252  office:+353.91.751262  http://www.aplpi.com