[Samba] URGENT! Need to move Samba to another computer

John H Terpstra jht at primastasys.com
Sat Feb 17 05:35:59 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 23:06, boxyzzy at netscape.net wrote:
> Since 2004, I've been running Samba 2.0.7 on a Solaris 8 computer as a
> member of a Windows 2003 Server domain - nothing fancy, just mapping
> Unix home directories to PC users.  Now I must QUICKLY move this same
> Samba config to another computer, and (for the life of me!) I can't
> recall the steps necessary to "join" the domain.  I've read the
> associated Samba 2.0.7 doc, that references the "net" command, but it
> is not a command in this set of tools. Upgrading Samba now is not an
> option.

smbpasswd -j -r BOXYZZY

If this does not do it, check your smbpasswd command as follows:

	smbpasswd -?

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra, CTO
PrimaStasys Inc.

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.