[Samba] modify only, not deletable

Sebastian Abate sebastianabate at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:45:31 GMT 2007

I sent this to Tim. My mistake.

PD: Sorry Tim.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sebastian Abate <sebastianabate at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 13, 2007 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Samba] modify only, not deletable
To: Tim Wunder <tim at thewunders.org>

Be careful with this option, because when you edit a file some
applications (Microsoft Office Suite is the perfect example) create a
new temporary copy of that file, then when you save your work, the
original file is deleted, and the temporary one is renamed to the
original name.
With this option set, the save process fail when the application try
to delete the original file.

Sebastián

PD: Sorry for my english