[Samba] domain logons - prevent multiple logins with the same account

Ulf Norén Ulf.Noren at miun.se
Mon Feb 12 14:23:56 GMT 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 14:10, Nagy Zoltan wrote:
> > I have done this.
> >
> > just put the preexec in the global scope.
> >
> > [global]
> > .
> > .
> > preexec close=yes
> > preexec = prevent_multiple_logon.bash
> > .
>
> i've tried this too, but the client still can login to the domain (or i
> missed something...i will try this again tonight) it won't be denied to use
> that computer and force him to logout on the other i'm looking for an
> alternative for this, because i find this solution a kind of a 'hack
> around' .. i don't know that is it possible with ldap, to limit the number
> of logins of an account...in this case 1 ;)

Strange.

I use this method to deny access to a copy-machine that can authenticate to a
windows/samba-server.
The script checks if the user got money on his copy-account.
If has_money exit 0 else exit 1

exit 1 effectively fails the authentication.

I don't see why a domain logon would work any different...

/Ulf

--
Ulf Norén
IT-avd, Mittuniversitetet