[Samba] Reference Documentation Server

- Reyneke reynekejunk at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:39:27 GMT 2007

> > >security = user
> > >map to guest = bad password
> >
> > Same deal. Using smbclient and I get the following:
>
>next try:
>
>username map = /etc/smbusers
>

>/etc/smbusers:
>
>samba = *

Nope. Sadly, no change.

The strange thing is that I tried this config

[global]
workgroup = MYWORKG
netbios name = MYSERVER
security = share

[data]
path = /data
guest only = yes

on a Ubuntu box using the same smbd build and it worked fine. If I use a
cross-compiled version (same Makefile, config, folders etc) then we get the
problems as listed. That is why I suspect it might be system related, and
trying to figure out what samba system interaction might causes this.

What are the known system dependencies of samba to get a simple share
working?