[Samba] Refused oplock on NFS mounted file system

Sun Feb 4 01:32:53 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 07:39:51PM -0800, Jim McInerny wrote:
> I have been a loyal user of SAMBA since about 1996(?), and I recently
> upgraded a RH linux based system from by skipping a few generations
> and going directly from rh9 to FC5.  Mostly everything is working,
> but there is an issue I haven't worked out yet with SAMBA.

As an emergency measure you might try 'posix locking = no'
and 'kernel oplocks = no'. This will however destroy
coherence with unix processes and other NFS clients.

Re-exporting NFS mounts is not a good idea, why don't you
put Samba on the NFS server?

Volker