[Samba] samba 3.0.28 and dropboxes

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri Dec 21 16:37:47 GMT 2007

Yes,
    UNIX permissions are all set correctly, 2733.  Full access for the
user that owns the dropbox folder, and just write and execute for group
and other.  With set gid enabled.  User accounts in UNIX and Windows
domains are the same.
    Everything else with the share works fine.  Just not to these
dropbox folders with 2733 permissions.  If set to 2773, giving group
read/write then everyone in the group can copy files into the dropbox.
But that is not the function we want. We only want the owner of the
dropbox having read access.
    Again this all worked great in samba-3.0.6a, so looking like I'm
going to have to revert to the older version as dropbox folder
functionality is imperative for us.

New options I have enabled for the share to try and make this work are:
inherit permission = yes
inherit owner = yes
dos filemode = yes

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'