[Samba] Congratulations

Fri Dec 21 14:49:46 GMT 2007

Dimitri Yioulos, on 12/21/2007 8:07 AM, said the following:
> I'm sure I speak for the entire community when I offer my heartiest
> congratulations to the Protocol Freedom Information Foundation and the Samba
> team for new agreement with Microsoft giving them, and other FOSS programs,
> access to data on how the Windows operating system works!  The Samba team has
> gutted it through over the past several years to provide an essential tool
> for our work.  Now, their jobs will hopefully be a bit easier, and will allow
> for the creation of an even better Samba.

Wow!! What a great Christmas present for the Samba Team!

Can't wait to see the benefits start to make themselves evident... the
biggest of which I imagine is no more guessing on the protocols, so no
more time wasted on sifting through tcp dumps, meaning more time
available to code...

Great News!

--

Best regards,