[Samba] write list and valid users

Sam Bayne sbayne at sccd.ctc.edu
Wed Dec 19 23:26:58 GMT 2007

The way we handle this is to ignore he valid user and write list settings.

Our shares look like this:
[Shares]
    path=/home/shares
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    force create mode = 0770
    force directory mode = 2770

Then we chown and set unix permissions on subdirectories of /home/shares
that restrict the folder access to groups.

The minor drawback is that users can see that other departments exist,
but they can only enter their own folders.

But we allow remote sftp access, so we need to use the Unix permissions
anyway.