[Samba] Trailing backslash issue with Windows Shares

Patrick Rynhart prynhart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 23:13:59 GMT 2007

I have Samba 3.0.25b running as a PDC.  When opening a share on a
Windows member server from an XP/Vista client, if I add a trailing
backslash after a share name (e.g. \\WIN-SERVER\C$\) then an explorer
windows appears immediately and correctly contains the share.  Without
the backslash (e.g. \\WIN-SERVER\C$) I have observed delays of up to
20 seconds.  I have msdfs root = yes in my smb.conf.  Is this a known
problem ?

Regards,

Patrick