[Samba] Argument createcomputer does not work in net rpc join

Raj Pagaku rpagaku at ironport.com
Fri Aug 3 21:45:03 GMT 2007

Hello,

We are using samba-3.0.25a and we want to join our system onto the
Active Directory server in a specific location.  The argument
'createcomputer' is exactly what we want and it works perfectly when we
do a 'net ads join' but fails when we do a 'net rpc join'.  The computer
object always gets created in the 'Computers' folder.

Looking at the code it appears that the 'net rpc join' doesn't support
the 'createcomputer' argument.  Is there a specific reason why it isn't
supported?  Are there plans to support the 'createcomputer' argument in
the 'net rpc join' command in any future releases?

Thanks
Raj Pagaku