[Samba] Changing permissions in WinXP interface of not owned files... Only with root

Andreas Gredler jimmy at g-tec.co.at
Thu Apr 19 19:43:37 GMT 2007

Hi,

I always used the root account if I had to change permissions of files
which I was not the owner of. Now I tried to set root as invalid user and
gave all privileges to the user sysadm. But I was not allowed to change
the permissions (but to take ownership). Did I miss something or is root
still the only way to change permissions when using a windows box?

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy at g-tec.co.at
  (  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins
   `._,          http://www.grml.org/    | jimmy at grml.org