[Samba] problems with msdfs proxy in AD environment

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Thu Apr 19 14:12:47 GMT 2007

On 4/19/07, Andrea Lorenz <lorenz at rz.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> If I use 3.0.25rc1 it does not work for domain members and non domain
> members. Do anyone use sambas msdfs code inside an active directory
> domain?

Yes, but only if the machine account itself can authenticate to the DFS
server.  I find that if the machine account cannot authenticate, it doesn't
work.  The client itself doesn't turn on the DFS bit in SMB_FLAGS2.  But you
say it doesn't work even for non-domain members?

I have it working for domain members as well, where I'm connecting to the
DFS server via a netbios alias that is not in AD, so it falls back to NTLM.