[Samba] change ldap accounts to samba ldap accounts

James Tran james at nttmcl.com
Wed Apr 18 22:46:37 GMT 2007

Hi i've got a situation where i need to add samba support to every
acccount in my ldap database.
I already have an ldap database populated with a couple hundred users
and need to be able to use the same password they use for their login as
for their samba accounts.
Is there anyway to add all the samba attributes to their ldap accounts
and also migrate their passwords from the standard md5 unix passwords to
sambaLM and sambaNT password like via script or something?
I looked at the smbldap-tools but i don't see any clear explanation of
them. I might be confused as for if those are what i need or not.

To make things short.
I want all my existing ldap users to have a single password in ldap
without having to do a "smbpasswd -a username" for every account

Thanks.
James