[Samba] Samba kills network.

Roots roots0 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:13:21 GMT 2007

Tom Peters wrote:

Nope Refreshing my shares does not help when i am getting errors on the
network. Still getting large amounts of errors generated and a hang of
all the computers using network processes:

Apr 11 01:08:37 Ghost smbd[32453]: [2007/04/11 01:08:37, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_data(562)
Apr 11 01:08:37 Ghost smbd[32453]:   write_data: write failure in
writing to client 192.168.1.97. Error Broken pipe
Apr 11 01:08:37 Ghost smbd[32453]: [2007/04/11 01:08:37, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(769)
Apr 11 01:08:37 Ghost smbd[32453]:   Error writing 75 bytes to client.
-1. (Broken pipe)
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]: [2007/04/11 01:09:18, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]:   read_data: read failure for 4 bytes
to client 192.168.1.97. Error = Connection reset by peer
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]: [2007/04/11 01:09:18, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_data(562)
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]:   write_data: write failure in writing
to client 192.168.1.97. Error Broken pipe
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]: [2007/04/11 01:09:18, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(769)
Apr 11 01:09:18 Ghost smbd[9885]:   Error writing 75 bytes to client.
-1. (Broken pipe)

Tim Otten