[Samba] Backup Domain Controller

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 10 15:54:15 GMT 2007

Jason Baker schrieb:

> I created a BDC for my network, running a slave LDAP server. Do I need
> specify the same workgroup as the PDC in the smb.conf? I was thinking
> I'd put it on a different workgroup just for organizational purposes.

The workgroup name serves as the domain name if you are running your samba
servers as domain controlers. A BDC must have the same domain name as the PDC,
so the answer is "no".
Once you start with PDCs and BDCs you must stop thinking of workgroups. You have
a domain.
--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany