[Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP interdomain trust

Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda stevelacerda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:16:23 GMT 2007

On 3/26/07, Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda <stevelacerda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to create a trust between two Samba-LDAP domains (on a single
> server).

I solved this problem but now I have a new one.

When I try to login on the trusting domain (LABI) using an account of the
trusted domain (ADMIN) the following message is shown: "A device connected
to the system is not functioning". My "log on to" is set to ADMIN.

I had this problem a time ago because the SIDs of my users were wrong but
I've fixed it.

In both log.nmbd files I got the following messages:

[2007/04/02 17:01:58, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail(486)
  get_domain_master_name_node_status_fail:
  Doing a node status request to the domain master browser at IP
<IP_OF_THE_OTHER_DOMAIN_PDC> failed.
  Cannot get workgroup name.

I have two domains running on a single server (different NICs) and they
share the WINS server.

Can anyone help me?

--
Allysson Steve Mota Lacerda