[Samba] Problem logon to PDC

chrissie chrissie at x-tra-designs.org
Wed Sep 20 15:36:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 04:16:36PM +0200, Cédric Delfosse wrote:
> I have setup a cluster system with drbd and heartbeat. I have samba running
> as a PDC. Everything works great when I am on server1 But when failover
> ocuurs I cannot seem to log on the domain anymore.
> I Have symlinks to my home share : /var/cache/samba , /etc/samba/ who are
> synced between 2 servers.
> Do I have to sync another files ??

Is the netbios name on both servers the same?
explicit set
 netbios name = fileserver
or whatever your server is named in the config file of both samba-server. By
default samba is using the hostname, which is different on both boxes.

I recently set up Samba/DRBD/Heartbeat and finally succeeded, if you still
have the problem and provide mor information, maybe i can help you out.

--
ROOT LOGIN REFUSED