[Samba] smb.conf

Guillermo Gutierrez ggutierrez at marketscan.com
Tue Sep 19 16:10:26 GMT 2006

What version of samba are you running and on what OS?
What type of setup do you have on you samba server? Standalone? Domain
member? PDC?

Try changing
  valid users = pierre, wendy
  write list = pierre, wendy

  valid users = +pierre, +wendy
  write list = +pierre, +wendy

And see if it works. The "+" lets samba know that it is a local unix
user.