[Samba] Re: Possible to have two SAMBA srvs act as one?

Michael Rignaz uluquai at inode.at
Mon Sep 11 16:02:48 GMT 2006

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel schrieb:

Thnx a lot for your reply.
I'm a total newbie to clusters plus a linux beginner only.
Could u tell me how advanced/tricky this is?
I just setup three samba servers, cyrus imapd and two networks connected
via vpn with OpenVPN, this is all I'm capable of yet :)
Can I just use cluadmin to cluster two samba services, or would I need
to cluster "whole machines"?Can't even try to get into it yet, since I
have only RHEL WS 4 and this doesn't support cluadmin. Maybe I'll
install Debian and try.

Also it seems as if this would eat up a lot of bandwidth performance at
least in terms of latency.. when two smb servers are connected via a low
bandwidth vpn only, I feel as if this wasn't an option. What do you say?

Thnx, greets,
Michael