[Samba] The specified network name is no longer available

François Turcotte mrwolf at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 10 14:38:10 GMT 2006

Hi,

I got a weird probleme.
I have a fileserver running FreeBSD 6.1 and 2 client running Windows XP.
Samba version 3.0.23c is installed on FreeBSD server

when I'm downloading something from the server to any of my client machine, I got no probleme even with big file, but when I'm uploading from any client machine to the server if the file or folder is bigger than 20mo, after a few seconds of transfert I got this error:

Cannot copy XXXXXXX: The specified network name is no longer available.

so since that probleme I don't have the choice of using my ftp to upload file and folder to my server, it's the only other way I got.

anyone got an idea how to fix this?

thanks