[Samba] winbind: wbinfo -g sees "domain users", getent group does not

Frederik freggy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:39:23 GMT 2006

On 10/17/06, Stefan Schmitz <stevie-s at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> I thik its the winbind separator parameter in smb.conf.
> Did you define it as backslash in smb.conf so the samba server
> interprets this as linefeed like this:
>
> ERROR: the 'winbind separator' parameter must be a single character.
>         winbind separator =    security = user

This parameter did not appear in my smb.conf, so it was unrelated. The
real reason was that I forgot to add indexes to the openldap
configuration, so on large groups, slapd was too slow and winbind
timed out. With Samba/winbind 3.0.23c, the error has changed by the
way, this version gives a NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT error.

--
Frederik