[Samba] Re: Horrible write performance from XP to Samba

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 5 12:56:44 GMT 2006

maybe some people would be adventurous enough to just try it out:
- Create a 1Gb file on a Samba server
  (dd if=/dev/zero of=1gm.tmp bs=1024k count=1024)
- Use a windows client to copy the file to a local disk and measure
  the time it takes to transfer the data
- copy the file back to a share on the Samba server and again
   measure the time
- post your results here

I assume that some more people would notice a problem somewhere ...

Regards,
                                 Peter Daum