[Samba] How to map locked account connection to guest ?

Buozis, Martynas martynas at ti.com
Thu Oct 5 10:50:20 GMT 2006

Hello

I am running SAMBA in ADS mode as client and got following question. Is it possible to enforce somehow mapping to guest if account is locked?

I get following entries in samba log file:

domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user testuser in domain DOM to Domain controller \\AD1. Error was NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED
_OUT.

check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [testuser] -> [nobody] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT

In above case Samba is denying connection. I have a need for Samba to act as if it was bad password entered and map connection to guest.

Thanks for any tips on above.

With best regards
Martynas Buozis