[Samba] I have to keep removing and readding systems to my domain:

Peter Ulrich Kruppa kruppa at pukruppa.net
Thu Oct 5 04:56:24 GMT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Bruce Ballou wrote:

> Hello,
> Issue:  I have to keep removing and readding systems to my domain:
>
> I have a FreeBSD (4.2) back end running samba-2.2.8a
>

> At the end/beginning of each month a lot of my Windows XP (sp2) clients have
> to be removed from the domain and then readded.  I cannot isolate why this
> is happening, and it is driving me crazy...
I have been running Samba-2.x and 3.x on FreeBSD 4.x , 5.x and
6.1 with WinNT4, Win2k and WinXP clients and never seen anything
like that.
- Perhaps your server hardware is growing old? (Defect CPU fans,
   system clocks cause extremly strange problems, not to talk about bad
   NICS)
- Perhaps one of your switches/routers is defect? (Everything
   including a complete freeze of the server might happen. Do
   your clients perhaps hang on the same switch?)

This might be a good chance for you to acquire/test/setup some
new Hardware :-)

Regards,

Uli.